Word: 1500 (excluding references)
Due date: 01/06/2019 (Saturday)
Assessment 2: Research Proposal
APA style referencing
Minimum of 10 References
Write a research proposal that follows on from your Literature Review (same topic). You will need to include the following: Title and 100-word summary of the proposed study Rationale for the research (refer here back to the literature review) Aims and Objectives, or research question/s Research Design including Sampling Procedure Data Collection Procedure Draft Research Instrument(s) Proposed Data Analysis Ethical Considerations Limitations and Strengths of the project Proposed Timetable References
Please remember this is a proposal only. No data collection is to be undertaken at all.
A minimum of 8 – 10 sources should be used in the proposal.
The assignment will be assessed according to the following criteria: (each criteria will be given equal weighting) Demonstrated case for the research including rationale Quality of proposed research design Critical awareness of both limits and possible external factors affecting the proposal. Strength of considerations of limitations and ethical issues within the research
Note: Research proposal that follows on from your Literature Review (same topic) which is attached with the document. Please write it on the basis of the attached topic of literature review.
Useful readings: Babbis, D. (2013) 'Ethics and Social Research' (Chapter 4) inSocial Research Methods 3rd Edition, Oxford University Press, South Melbourne. Gabriel, M. (2013). 'Writing Up Research' (Chapter 15) in Walters, M.(2013) Social Research Methods 3rd Edition, Oxford University Press, South Melbourne.
3. Flynn, C., & McDermott, F. (2016) Doing Research in Social Work & Social Care. Chapter 3 'Researching ethically: What you do is important, but how you do it is more important.
4. White, Rob. (2013) Doing Evaluation Research. Chapter 13 in Walters (2013) Social Research Methods
5. Comino, J. Knight, J., Grace, R., Kemp, L. & Wright, D.C. (2016) The Gudaga Research Program: A Case Study in Undertaking Rearch with an Urban Aboriginal Community. Australian Social Work 69 (4) pp443-455. Available via CDU library -http://ezproxy.cdu.edu.au/login?url=https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0312407X.2015.1131842
6. Wadsworth, Y. (2011). How to go about 'finding out' (Chapter 5)
7. Campbell, A., Taylor, B., & McGlade, A. (2017) Sampling Techniques in Quantitative and Qualitative Research (Chapter 3) in Research Design in Social Work. Safe: Thousand Oakes.
8. Chapter 6 of Walter (2013) 'Surveys' by Maggie Walter
9. Chapter 6 of Walter (2013) 'Surveys' by Maggie Walter
10. Chapter 5 of Walter (2013) 'Sampling' by Bruce Tranter