[Unlocked] Using Ibm ® Spss
- Review the Learning Resources for this week related to frequency distributions and graphic displays of data.
- Using the SPSS software, open the General Social Survey dataset found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Next, create a figure or table from a few selected variables within the dataset.
- Finally, think about what is good about how the data are displayed in the figure or table you created and what is not so good.
BY DAY 3
Post your display of the table or figure you created and provide an explanation of why this would be the best way to display the data provided, include the General Social Survey Dataset’s mean of Age to verify the dataset you used.
Be sure to support your Main Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
Frankfort-Nachmias, C., Leon-Guerrero, A., & Davis, G. (2020). Social statistics for a diverse society (9th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Chapter 2, “The Organization and Graphic Presentation Data” (pp. 27-74)
Wagner, III, W. E. (2020). Using IBM® SPSS® statistics for research methods and social science statistics (7th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Chapter 5, “Charts and Graphs”
- Chapter 11, “Editing Output”