[Unlocked] Teen White Young Woman
Pretend you are meeting a patient at their definition of health. One person’s health goals and possibilities may differ from another’s.
Assume you are an intern at a community health clinic. Your supervisor has asked you to prepare a summary of the various definitions of health for the staff at the clinic.
Search the Internet for representations of various definitions of health (e.g., a newborn, a well older adult, a person in a wheelchair, or a person with another disability).
Prepare a 500-word summary of your findings. Include the following in your summary:
- Description of 6 internet representations of definitions of health for the following types of individuals:
- Well adult Asian woman over 55 years of age
- Disabled 35-year-old African American male veteran
- Pre-teen white young woman entering middle school
- Sexually active 20-something Hispanic male
- Obese 75-year-old white male suffering from debilitating arthritis
- Explanation regarding the importance of meeting a patient at their definition of health.