[Unlocked] Team Sport Help Students
This activity is a reflection about the relationship between your belief and the actions that come from that belief. For example, if your belief is that you are morally obligated to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, you would look for places or institutions that embody this belief by putting it into actions. In this case, CASA would be an organization where adults represent children who are abused or neglected. NAMI is another organization, where adults help those with mental health issues.
To explore where you see your belief in action, answer the following questions, for your initial post.
1. What is the relationship between beliefs and actions?
2. How does putting action into the equation make your belief more concrete? In what way is it a social statement?
3. With your belief now situated in a social context, where do you see people acting (behaving) based on your belief? Try to name at least three ways or places.
MY BELIEF IS TEAM SPORT HELP STUDENTS DEVELOP GOOD CHARACTER
II) WATCH THE VIDEO LINK BELOW AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT FOLLOWS (ATLEAST 200 WORDS).
For this discussion, you will focus specifically on two concepts from the source you will use for your textual analysis: claims and evidence.
In separate paragraphs, answer the following questions.
- For the reading selection, you have chosen for this discussion, identify the various kinds of claims the author uses to support his/her overall ideas. Provide examples from the text to support your identifications.
- Next, identify and summarize the kinds of evidence used for each claim. Then, evaluate the evidence. Is this evidence convincing? What other evidence could the writer use to make a stronger claim?