[Unlocked] Summary Review · Chapter
76-year-old female patient complains of weight gain, shortness of breath, peripheral edema, and abdominal swelling. She has a history of congestive heart failure and admits to not taking her diuretic, as it makes her “have to get up every couple hours to go to the bathroom.” She now has to sleep on two pillows in order to get enough air
Explain the following: 1 x Page only APA style
· The cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary pathophysiologic processes that result in the patient presenting these symptoms.
· Any racial/ethnic variables that may impact physiological functioning.
· How these processes interact to affect the patient.
3 References including:
McCance, K. L. & Huether, S. E. (2019). Pathophysiology: The biologic basis for disease in adults and children (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier.
· Chapter 32: Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems; Summary Review
· Chapter 33: Alterations of Cardiovascular Function (stop at Dysrhythmias); Summary Review