[Unlocked] Summarize Main Points Researched
Using the persuasive full-speech outline created for the Unit 6 discussion, review the instructor and/or peer feedback to finalize the persuasive speech outline for submission. Consider this feedback to address your challenges and revise. Revisions are a key step in the speech writing process. Be sure to take this step.
The outline should be written in the full-speech outline method using one of the persuasive organizational patterns (Problem-Solution, Cause-Effect, or Monroe’s Motivated Sequence). The outline should have enough content to deliver an 8-10 minute persuasive speech, which you will complete in Unit 7. (Please view the sample outline attached here for more guidance on building this assignment.).
Step 1: Finalize the Persuasive Full-Speech Outline
The outline should include the following:
- Specific Purpose
- Central Idea (aka: Thesis Statement or Preview Statement)
- Introduction– capture attention, establish YOUR speaker credibility, preview the speech
- Body– key points (minimum of 3), transitions between main points, supporting materials from at least 3 sources including in-text references to the sources.
- Conclusion – signal the end, summarize main points
- Researched supporting material references (minimum 3) – include works cited at the end of your outline, use APA format.
- Identification of a presentation aid(visual)
- Use persuasive techniques and language
Step 2: Complete the Reflection Questions
Answer the following reflection questions, in addition to the finalized persuasive speech outline. You can include the answers at the end of your works cited:
- What types of persuasion did you choose to include? Why? How would they best persuade your target audience?
- What challenges did you have crafting our outline? How did you overcome them?
- What do you think is the strength of this outline? Why?