[Unlocked] Student Example ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Https
Taking good notes while reading and during class is an important part of academic success in college. Effective notes can come in various forms, and different note-taking formats should be adopted for different types of texts and subjects. The goal of this assignment is to help you identify a note-taking system that works best for you based on your reading material and the course content.
Step 1: Each student will respond to the following questions listed below in a sentence format. Please ensure you have the questions then your responses. Do NOT submit only your responses if you require full grades for this assignment.
- Why is note taking an essential learning skill for college students?
- How can you use your notes to improve your academic performance?
- Which note-taking format did you choose to complete this assignment? Why?
- How does this format match with your learning style(s) (i.e., VARK – Visual, Aural, Read/write, and Kinesthetic)?
Step 2: Choose a chapter from the EDUC 1300 textbook for note taking which is a minimum of 5 – 10 pages where you are getting the notes to be written. Please note you are not allowed to use (Chapters 2, 5 or 6 for this assignment). Then, decide which note-taking format you will use. Choose only 1 of the 4 options below to create 3-5 pages of notes:
- Cornell method (http://comprehensionhart.weebly.com/cornell-notes.html)
- Outline method (https://msliewsclass.weebly.com/outline-method.html)
- List method (Click HERE for details)
- Mapping method (http://club.noteshelf.net/mind-maps-for-note-taking-verbal-to-visual-approach) [Click HERE to see a student example of mapping].
Step 3: On your Microsoft word document at the left corner place the following information:
Subject: EDUC 1300
State the Note-Taking Format:
Professor: Mrs. Hines
Title of the Chapter:
Then proceed with writing your notes for the assignment.
Your selected chapter notes that you are producing is 3-5 pages of notes that you will TYPE – Times Roman -12 size font. Do NOT type verbatim notes but put them in your own words. The notes that you have typed must NOT be copied and paste from the textbook straight into the word document. Instead, type the notes COMPLETELY in your own words. Paraphrase and summarize the major ideas and supporting details of the chapter to demonstrate your understanding of the material.
The set of notes created should be thorough, covering all major ideas and the supporting details of the chapter. Your typed notes must be neatly typed with Times Roman size 12 font. Absolutely, no screenshots, scanned copies, Google Docs, Pages, or PDF files are accepted. If you submit this assignment in any of these formats the grade will be zero with no extensions given to students. If you miss the deadline for submitting this assignment do NOT send it to my HCCS email or CANVAS email. Grading is based on how detailed, comprehensive, and well-organized your notes.
Student example ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️