[Unlocked] Steps Could Employees Take
For this writing assignment, choose one of the two short-answer prompts below and write a two-page, double-spaced paper addressing the questions/topics listed.
1. Device Analysis: Decide on a wearable device that you are interested in. It can be mentioned in this unit or from your own research. Write a summary about it, addressing the following questions:
- What technologies does it use?
- How is it used?
- What features does it have?
- How does it benefit the wearer?
- What risks or side-effects are there from wearing it?
- After your research, would you still choose to use this product and why?
2. Movie review: With the approval of a parent or guardian, watch the 2017 movie The Circle (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4287320/(opens in a new tab)) and answer the following questions:
- What types of wearable technologies are portrayed in the movie? How are the wearable devices being used?
- Are the wearable devices portrayed positively or negatively?
- What is the difference between a wearable and implantable device? As an employee, what concerns would you have about an implantable that you might not have about a wearable?
- What problems with wearable devices were illustrated throughout the movie? What steps could employees take to ensure more control is kept over their data?