eflections on the Review of the Literature
Focus your discussion on the following:
- Although what you complete for the Research Prospectus is a literature review plan and not a literature review itself, what is the purpose of a literature review for a research study?
- Why is it important, prior to beginning your literature search, that you have a well-reasoned sense of what types of sources you are seeking (e.g., topical areas, key concepts, theoretical literature, empirical studies)?
- How do you know if a source is scholarly?
- How do you know if a source is peer-reviewed?
- Based on your discipline and concentration, what academic databases available to you in the CTU Library are likely to lead you to relevant peer-reviewed literature?
Use the CTU Library and the Doctoral Resource Center for help with research and to locate articles.