[Unlocked] Referenced Materials Must Include
Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read the Sentinel Emotional Events: The Nature, Triggers, and Effects of Shame Experiences in Medical Residents
Your initial discussion post must be a minimum of 250 words. All referenced materials must include citations and references in APA format.
Using the sentinel event you created in the Week 2 Discussion, this week you will focus on the patient’s perspective. In your post, discuss the ramifications for the patient and patient’s family. Consider the following questions in developing your initial post:
- What are the needs of the patient and patient’s family after the occurrence?
- What are the cultural variables or social impacts on patient care?
- What, if any, are the financial implications (immediate and long-term) for the patient and patient’s family?
Guided Response: By the end of Day 7, review your classmates’ posts and respond to two of your fellow classmates. After reviewing the details shared in your classmate’s post, compare the patient perspective to that of the organization’s risk management department and the provider’s standpoint. Consider the following areas in developing your response:
- Organization’s reputation
- Stakeholder reaction (staff, board members, administrators, community leaders, shareholders, etc.)