[Unlocked] Recently Released Prisoners Face
Multiple Perspectives Reflexive Paper
We have spent several weeks seeing the world through other eyes and examining imbalances of power and privilege and the inequitable access to resources that imbalance creates. During those same weeks we have been examining ourselves and what role our personal experiences play in how we interact with the people in the world around us. During our reflexive work, we examined our worldview and potentially grew and will continue to grow in positive ways because of it.
- Consider the topics below we have explored throughout the course.
- Topic 1: Inequality in the Workforce.
- Topic 2: Sanctions Against Released Inmates.
- Topic 3: Public Restrooms
- Refer to the power points (attached), and supplemental content for ideas.
- Select an issue that you feel strongly about.
- Find an article that gives a perspective on this issue that is different from your own.
- You may use a resource from the course or research your issue using the library.
- Answer the following in a 2–3 page paper:
- Summarize the issue and the author’s perspective.
- Compare the author’s perspective with your own.
- Identify where you agree. Explain why.
- Identify where you disagree. Explain why.
- Does reading this article expand your own understanding or perspective on this issue? Explain how
- Use one source to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite the sources listed at least one time within your assignment.