[Unlocked] Many People Abuse Different
Unit II Case Study
As you have learned, many people abuse different substances. There are quite a number of programs that seek to help those who struggle with substance abuse. For this case study, you must select one of the following topics:
- alcohol abuse,
- tobacco abuse, or
- drug abuse (prescription or illicit drugs).
After selecting your topic, begin researching how public health programs in your community (i.e., city, county, state) can help decrease the number of people using alcohol, tobacco, or other addictive substances. Select one program, and write a case study that accomplishes the following objectives:
- Begin by explaining how epidemiology is used in community and public health substance abuse treatment and prevention programs.
- Describe the program you have selected. Include specific details and mitigating factors of the abuse issue (alcohol, tobacco, or other substance abuse) that the program is striving to combat.
- Use descriptive epidemiology to discuss why your chosen topic is a health concern in your community (i.e., city, county, state).
- Analyze the effectiveness of the program. Highlight any successes and identify areas of needed improvement.
Your case study must be at least two pages in length not counting the title and references pages. You must use at least three sources to support your case study, one of which may be your eTextbook and one must come from the CSU Online Library. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA Style. APA formatting is otherwise not necessary.