[Unlocked] Magnet Schools Promote Social
- Based on the work of WestEd for the USDOE, describe five common elements of successful magnet high schools and provide examples of ways high schools achieve each element.
- What are Bush’s main findings regarding the magnet program at “Jefferson High School”. Discuss ways to improve the education of all students at Jefferson High School and consider the five common elements of successful magnet high schools to make improvements at Jefferson High School.
- Which philosophical approach(es) discussed in the Ornstein reading from HW1 best reflects Hackerman’s views of social justice education. Explain your reasoning.
- According to Hackerman, what are the five elements of social justice education? Describe and provide examples supporting each element.
- As you think about the readings, in what ways can magnet schools promote social justice education? Explain your reasoning.
- Review the different features (webpages and links) of the Social Justice Mathematics and the Planning to Change the World online materials. Explain in what ways teachers can draw on these materials to teach for social change and justice. Provide specific examples.