[Unlocked] Interprofessional Collaboration Within Integrative
Communication and Teamwork
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read chapter 8 in our course text and the following articles:
- Teamwork as an Essential Component of High-Reliability Organizations (Links to an external site.)
- Interprofessional Collaboration within Integrative Healthcare Clinics through the Lens of the Relationship-Centered Care Model (Links to an external site.)
After completing this week’s reading, you have learned that teamwork is an essential part of continuous quality improvement (CQI) and health care delivery. Health care professional roles include physicians, nurses, diagnostics (laboratory) and radiology staff, hospital administrators, patient registration, pharmacists, triage staff, and so forth. Each role has its own contribution to ensuring the delivery of quality care.
In your opinion,
- Discuss two of the roles listed above and their role in the delivery of quality care.
- Identify two professional responsibilities of the chosen roles and link them to the quality improvement process of improving patient wait times in the emergency room.
- Include communication techniques this role would utilize to assist in improving patient wait times to the CQI team or staff.
Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words and utilize at least one scholarly source from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library to justify your statements. Cite all sources in APA format as outlined in the Writing Center’s Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.). The Research, Keywords, Databases: An Overview (Links to an external site.) video tutorial is available to help you become more familiar with the library database search features and how to generate keywords.