[Unlocked] Insert Whatever Physics Pop
When possible, synthesize content from the individual course modules. Your content should expand, elaborate, and evolve from the activities in the individual modules, and coalesce to present a cohesive message to the viewer.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
Using any slide share or movie making software, you can utilize information gathered throughout the course to create a visual travel log. This multi-media presentation will include images, video, and voice over dialogue consisting of a mix of research and original content that demonstrates your analysis of course concepts. The movie will be accompanied by a paper that supplies the dialogue for the visuals of your film.
You may use examples of physics principles in use in everyday life that you previously gave as examples in Modules 01-06, but you cannot reuse the same wording as used in previous modules. For example, if you had mentioned using glasses for Module 03, you can once again bring up that concept here, but you cannot read from your Module 03 submission paper.
- Three-minute video in MPEG-4 format.
- Original voice over (written) dialogue and accompanying paper.
- Images that help “tell your story.”
- 30 seconds of original video connecting your experience to your topic.
- Narrative concept
Imagine you are a writer for Physics Today (or insert whatever physics pop journal you wish), and you are to create a travel vlog for your an overseas trip. In your presentation, your editor wants you to include all relative physics concepts that you encounter in your journey.
For the heart of the presentation, your editor has deemed it essential to address the following core issues and questions:
- Identify physics principles in various real-world examples.
- Identify the use of the scientific method in a modern physical problem.
- Identify the use of classical physics principles in relation to a real life situation.
- Identify physics principles in various real-world examples, and connect to your own experience.
- Identify physics principles in various real-world examples and modern technology.
- Identify a technology that uses quantum mechanics, and connect to your own experience.