[Unlocked] G Cognitively
Answer the questions below completely and fully for full credit. This requires a minimum of two substantive paragraphs for each answer with a minimum total of 300 words for the combined paragraphs (not including the references). Use your learning resources and outside academic references (not Wikipedia!) to answer the questions completely. Support your answers with source credits (citations and references). Use APA formatting for all your work.
- Discuss the literature on split-brain and lateralization of function. What does the research tell us about each hemispheres ability to function independently (e.g., cognitively, creatively, etc.) and in unison? What are the implications for the cognitive neuroscientist in terms of research?
- Discuss one of the psychiatric disorders. Be sure to address both the physiological and behavioral aspects of the disorder (signs and symptoms, biochemical or genetic theories, etc.), and pharmacological and behavioral treatments for the disorder. What is the role of the biopsychologist or neuroscientist in this type of research?
- Discuss sleep in terms of the normal sleep cycle. Be sure to address the stages of sleep and physiological correlates associated with each stage. How does dreaming fit into our conception of a normal sleep cycle? Address theories of dreaming. What are the consequences of disruption of sleep?
- Critically evaluate the theories that have been used to explain emotion. Which do you think is the best theory and why?
- What brain regions and neurochemical systems are known to be involved in the regulation of sleep? What is known about the neurobiology and endocrinology of circadian rhythms?