[Unlocked] Family Trip Planned Around
Locate the APTA document: “Minimum Require Skills of PTA Graduates at Entry-Level” to perform a self-assessment.2. As you read the document, takes notes on the following topics:
A. What skill(s) do you consider your strength(s) ?
B. What skill(s) do you consider your weakness(es) ?
C. What skill(s) will you need to move toward your desired career path as a PTA?
D. List these clearly in the specified boxes in the table.
3. Answer the Question: What is my Career Motivation? This should be something that will keep you motivated for years to come, not just for graduation and getting your first job.
4. Develop career goals for each time frame listed: Three for Short-Term, Three for Long-Term and Two for Lifetime. They MUST be quanitifiable meaning you need to have an objective way to determine if the goal has been met. Ex. I will join the APTA during the first year and attend at least 2FPTA Southeast District Meetings. Or, I will continue my education to achieve a Masters degree before the age of 35. Or, I will attend a national conference in the next 2 years to address my weaknesses in Neuromuscular Rehab techniques.
5. In the Development Activities and Experience Section determine what steps need to be taken to achieve your goals. Ex. Sign up for the APTA and locate FPTA meeting dates for SE district. Or, Research Bachelor and Master degree options and learn about financial aid sources. Or, Research PTA Advanced Proficiency Pathway, find a job in my desired area and begin logging hours.
6. Now what Actions steps must be taken and what is your deadline to be complete the action step? Ex. save money for APTA/FPTA Dues by August 1st. Make appointment to meet with Admissions Advisor for choosing a bachelor program by December 31st. Join a job search engine to find a position in a Pediatric/Geriatric/Wound facility by October 15th.
7. Set Target dates for Completing the Planned Activities.
8. Determine what Required Resources you will need to achieve your goals. Ex. Create a college fund to put towards a Bachelor and Masters degree. Or, Pay sitter to attend FPTA meetings. Start a savings plan for a family trip planned around National Conference location and dates. Or, Find a per diem job to help cover additional expenses.
please see the attach