[Unlocked] Effective Bia Includes Establishing
Week 8 Assignment – Business Impact Analysis
In order for an organization to develop an effective business continuity plan or disaster recovery plan, it must know what information assets it has, their impact on business operations, and the criticality and priorities associated with the information systems and assets. The primary objective of a business impact analysis (BIA) is to identify the assets that are required for continued business operations in the event of an incident or disaster. Thus, a critical step in the development of an effective BIA includes establishing component priorities and determining component reliance and dependencies. Additionally, organizational personnel must know their responsibilities during recovery efforts.
Write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Describe the methods for establishing component priorities, including:
- Business functions and processes.
- BIA scenarios and components.
- Financial and service impact of component unavailability.
- Recovery time frameworks.
- Describe the methods for determining component reliance and dependencies, including:
- Component dependencies.
- Resources required to recover component in the event of failure.
- Human assets needed to recover components.
- Provide recommendations for the development of the BIA, management and other personnel responsibilities, and educating company personnel who would be involved in the recovery efforts.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.