[Unlocked] Criminal Justice Administrators Must
- What is the definition of ethics? Give examples of relative and absolute ethics.
- What is the meaning of gratuity in the context of police agencies? Why might police officers be permitted to accept them, per the model developed by Withrow and Dailey?
- In what ways can judges, defense attorneys, and prosecutors engage in unethical behaviors?
- How may corrections officers be unethical?
- What major occurrences accompanied the early development of labor relations in the criminal justice system?
- What are some of the main principles of shared governance involving the “navigating the waters” of unionization?
- What are the three basic models used in the states to decide whether and which public sector employees will have collective bargaining rights? How does each of these models operate?
- What are some of the major disciplinary policies that need to be maintained? Accepting and dealing with citizen complaints? Maintaining due process requirements?
- What is positive (progressive) discipline? What would be an example of how it functions?
- Review some of the recent effects of the nation’s fiscal crisis on police, courts, and corrections organizations.
- Discuss the definition of a budget and its uses.
- Discuss what is involved in each of the four steps of a budgeting cycle.
- Identify the potential pitfalls in budgeting issues that criminal justice administrators must address.