[Unlocked] Chosen Track — Either
This assignment builds upon the outline you submitted in Week 3. Keep in mind that this assignment should lay the groundwork for the Week 10 capstone assignment, in which you will design curriculum to promote student learning related to the selected issue. The curriculum will be appropriate to your chosen track—either K–12 or adult education.
Explain a current issue in education, including how the issue is related to diversity and ethics. Based on your research, describe facets, topics, or problems related to the issue that can be addressed through education.
4–5 page in which you follow these instructions:
- Explain the significance of the issue and its relevance to K–12 or adult education. Describe the background, scope, and the stakeholders involved in this issue.
- Analyze how the issue is related to diversity. The diversity issue may be related to educational programs, the learning institution, educators, learners, the organization, and/or the community.
- Analyze how ethical standards apply to this issue. Cite the source of the code of ethics. Specify the standards that apply and explain their connection.
- Propose ideas for how the issue can be addressed in a unit of K–12 or adult curriculum. The following questions will help you generate ideas.
- Based on research, describe problems related to the issue.
- What topics can be addressed that will improve the problem or situation related to this educational issue?
- What do people need to learn about the issue?
- Use 4–5 sources that are no older than five years to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.