[Unlocked] 75 Words Minimum Third
The President of the United States has the power and authority to issue executive orders to federal officials and agencies for public policy purposes. In most instances, executive orders become official once signed and endorsed by the president. As an example, President Clinton issued Executive Order #12938 Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction. In June of 2005, President George W. Bush issued Executive Order #13382, Blocking Property of Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferators and Their Supporters. Why do you believe it is important for the President of the United States to be able to issue executive orders in an expedited format regarding weapons of mass destruction? Do you believe that a president should have the power of executive orders? Why, or why not?
75 words minimum
Third Mini Research Paper
In Unit V, you selected a topic and created the annotated bibliography. Using that research, for this assignment, you will submit your third mini research paper on your chosen topic area of examining and analyzing the following international laws and treaties on weapons of mass destruction (WMDs): the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons (NPT); the Biological Weapons Convention (BWC); the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production, Stockpiling and Use of Chemical Weapons and on their Destruction, also known as the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC); Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT); Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991; and other international laws and legal initiatives in place to counter global WMDs use.For your research report, you will want to discuss the following questions.
- Why are there international laws and treaties against the use of WMDs?
- What are the different classifications and types of WMDs that exist today?
- What treaties exist for each classification and type of WMD?
- What are the roles of the United States and the United Nations when enforcing international laws and the parameters of each treaty?
- What challenges exist when attempting to enforce international laws and legal initiatives related to WMDs?
- What changes have been made to each international law and treaty listed above since inception?
- Why is it important for the United States, the United Nations, and member states to continue to implement new international laws and treaties as new threats emerge?
- What can be done to enforce international laws and treaties on non-member states of the United Nations?
The research paper must be written using the following outline structure:
- Title page: This must be included.
- Introduction: This section should be at least one page in length.
- Body of paper: This section should be one–two pages in length. This should include a review and discussion of the literature.
- Summary and conclusions: This section should be at least one page in length.
- References: Adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.
While the level of detail in each section of the research paper will vary, the final paper must be a minimum of three pages in length, not counting the title and references pages. An abstract is not required. You must use a minimum of five sources.