the lab project, you will be applying the knowledge acquired in this course to
design a signal generator using the Flight 86 trainer board. The signal
generator should be capable of producing square wave and triangular wave of 100
Hz center frequency.
signal generator will be implemented using the 8-bit digital to analog
convertor (DAC) which is available on the application board ( For more
information about DAC, see the datasheet of DAC0800 ). The input of the DAC
is connected to PB of 8255 IC while the output can be obtained from the socket
on the application board.
signal generator will produce either a square wave or a triangular wave based
on the status of reed switch which is connected to PA of 8255 IC. If the LSB of
reed switch is 0, the generated signal is square wave and it produces a
triangular wave when the LSB of reed switch is 1.
You are required to complete the
project in following steps.
1. Outline a scheme to do the project and develop an algorithm
to accomplish this task
2. Write the assembly language code for the flight 86
3. Run the code and check the output waveform on oscilloscope
(correct and re-run if required)
4. Finalize the code, verify all outputs.
5. Write a brief report on your project, defining your
methodology to accomplish the task and your code.
6. Demonstrate the code (the date of project exam will be
Use this model
MAtlab to find the squre wave and calculation