rhetorical analysis essay on ADHD using this website http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/facts.html APA..

rhetorical analysis essay on ADHD using this website

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/facts.html

APA format

Layout: Essay is double-spaced with 12 pt. Times New Roman font, 1″ margins, heading (with name, course, date, and instructor), assignment title, and page numbers using appropriate header function.

 

An essay is logically organized to lead readers to understand content. The introduction explains   subject and engages readers. Thesis statement is placed appropriately for a   rhetorical analysis. Well-ordered paragraphs are developed around topic   sentences, and advance essay’s ideas. Conclusion provides strong, satisfying   ending, not a mere summary of the essay.

all citations and reference entries are complete and in alphabetical order; appropriate number of required sources is use

 

Rhetorical Analysis Essay

Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is one of the most common neurodevelopmental disorders in children. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention address facts about ADHD on a website that is visible for the public eye. The website is broken down from types, symptoms, causes, statistics, and treatments. The site is open to anyone who has internet access and may have questions or concerns for yourself or others. The CDC uses the rhetorical appeals of ethos, pathos, and logos to inform the public on ADHD.

According to the website statistics, The American Psychiatric Association states in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5, 2013) that 5% of children have ADHD. In September of 2014 Healthline published a report that the average age of ADHD diagnoses was seven years old, symptoms first appeared from three to six, and there has been an increase in diagnoses of 42% over the last eight years. (Holland and Riley, 2014). Reading what is on this website will not only give you a sense of hope but it will ensure you that you’re not alone.

Ethos is how much credibility does the writer have. The CDC has been around for 69 years and counting. It is run by the government and a very credible source. The CDC made a trusting name for itself over the years and the biggest way are by their mission. Their sole purpose is to protect the American people from health, safety and security threats in the U.S. or abroad.  According to the CDC, “trying to diagnose a child with this disease is a multi-step process.” The website is a website that can be trusted at all times. A way to convince the audience that this is a real disease is to ask your doctor about the disease and they will explain everything. One cannot self-diagnose from reading one article but it’s always good to read up on things, so you can ask questions later.

Pathos appeals to the emotions of the person that is reading the article. The tone set within this article is very comforting and eing, it’s going to be okay. There are kids laughing, diversity, male, female, and most importantly unity. This picture theme is repeated throughout the site improving the emotional relation to the readers.

Logos is the reason or logic behind someone doing something. The writer has to convince the reader of its point so that the reader will believe what the author is saying. “ADHD is often undiagnosed and untreated in adults due to lack of disease awareness, inadequate access to ADHD care, or use of diagnostic criteria prevalent before DSM-5” (Leahy, 2018). The CDC, however, provides copious amounts of factual evidence and information so that suspecting adults can have the motivation to look into treatments. Logos is the most-used rhetoric by the CDC on the website. The CDC webpage also provides in-depth, accurate descriptions of all things mentioning or pertaining to ADHD, while including ways within the site to do further research.

In conclusion, ADHD is common and treatable. It’s not up to us to decide when a child is considered to be too much of anything but, if you do think something is going on, don’t hesitate to talk to your doctor. The site is easy to navigate so viewers can get the answers they need. The site also provides various contact numbers for people if they have additional questions. The web page was designed well using many different aspects of ethos, pathos, and logos appeals. If you do have questions or concerns about ADHD this web page could put you on the path answer them.

 

References

George, D., & Mallery, P. (2016). IBM SPSS statistics 23 step by step: A simple guide and reference. New York, NY: Routledge.

Facts about ADHD (n.d.). In Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Retrieved May 10, 2016 from http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/facts.html

 

Walker, F. R. (2005). THE RHETORIC OF MOCK TRIAL DEBATE: USING LOGOS, PATHOS AND ETHOS IN UNDERGRADUATE COMPETITION. College Student Journal, 39(2), 277-286.

 

Goal

Write a 750-1,000-word rhetorical analysis essay of a public document. This public document is the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) website on Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) found at: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/facts.html. Your analysis should include at least TWO scholarly sources outside of class texts.

 

Checklist for the Rhetorical Analysis Does the essay focus on rhetorical analysis of this public document rather than simply summarizing the information? Are the three appeals, ethos, pathos, and logos, discussed? Is there a thesis placed at the end of the introduction that makes a distinct claim and has three clear subtopics? Does the essay meet the requirements of 750-1000 words of text? (This does not include the reference page or the heading.) Does the essay flow in a logical order? Is the essay written in GCU style, per the template and formatting guide? Are there two outside sources with corresponding in-text citations? Are the sources used in the essay scholarly, and is the public document (the CDC) being cited as well? Is the writing academic, formal, and written in third person point of view? Were words written out (not abbreviated/contractions avoided) and the essay proofread carefully for punctuation and grammar errors?

Please refer to the rubric for each assignment to see the specific guidelines for each essay.

 

European invasion Describe the internal conditions that made Europeseem like a *gaol *on the >…

European invasion

Describe the internal conditions that made Europeseem like a *gaol *on the
> eve of the *Columbian Exchange* to thestates of what became the European
> element of the *Atlantic Community*. Then explain how very small
> contingents ofSpaniards managed to acquire an enormous American empire by
> overcoming twoaffluent, large, well administered, and heavily militarized
> states inMesoamerica and South America? Finally,explain YOUR choices as the
> *three* most significant consequences of theEncounter processes between
> 1492 and 1600.
>

 

 

 

 

 

 

………….Answer Preview……………

The Europe that is today is a stark contrast of the one that existed in the late 1400s, a period better referred to as the Eve of the Columbian Exchange. Affected by the prevalence of diseases such as malaria and tuberculosis, the populations of the time had such low life expectancies that the population at the time was speculated to comprise of about 45% under 15. The society then was impoverished, having to depend on poorly managed subsistence agriculture for a living. Wars were rampant, and there were very few intellectuals……………….

APA

330 Words Added to cart

Patient Rights and HIV / AIDS and HIV / AIDS” Please respond to the following: * From the scenario,.

Patient Rights and HIV / AIDS

and HIV / AIDS”  Please respond to the following:

* From the scenario, analyze the concept of patients’ rights, and ascertain the key concerns of physicians and nurses as they apply to patients with AIDS. Speculate on the major ways in which such overlapping concerns from health professionals may influence legal decisions in patient treatment.

Summarize the overarching connections between patients’ rights and patients’ resulting responsibilities concerning HIV / AIDS. Determine the primary ways in which the professional roles that physicians and nurses play are affected as they treat patients with HIV / AIDS.

 

…………………… 349 wordsGet instant access to the full solution from by clicking the purchase button below Added to cart

Describe equity theory and explain how this theory can be applied in a practical example.

Describe equity theory and explain how this theory can be applied in a practical example.

TERM PAPER: This paper is the capstone project of the course, and it will describe your approach to.

TERM PAPER: This paper is the capstone project of the course, and it will describe your approach to the relationship between psychology and Christianity. You will classify your approach and note the strengths and limitations of your view as well as reflect on different factors that led to your position. MUST CITE 1. INTEGRATIVE APPROACHES TO PSYCHOLOGY AND CHRISTIANITY By: David M Entwistle 2. PSYCHOLOGY & CHRISTIANITY By: Eric L Johnson 3. BIBLE

EL111/Advanced Composition – Essay 2: Analysis of Non-Fiction PART 1 – The Genre Writing a good…

EL111/Advanced Composition – Essay 2: Analysis of Non-Fiction

 

PART 1 –  The Genre

Writing a good response paper is not simply a matter of reading the text, understanding it, and expressing an opinion about it. You must analyze the author’s stance from a neutral and academic position.

Questions to AskWhat is the main problem or issue that the author is addressing?What is the author’s central claim, argument, or point?What evidence does the author present?What are the strengths and weaknesses of the text?What are possible counterarguments to the text’s claims?Why are the problem(s) and the argument(s) interesting or important?

Actions to TakeBe sure to do all three parts of the assignment, with equal importance to each section. The author is in a conversation with you and the world; in an analysis you must be able to recognize and explain what is going on in that conversation. How to do this is in the guide in section 2.

Actions Not to TakeDo not wait too long to start writing. Remember that reading and understanding the texts are only the first steps toward putting the paper together.Do not write an autobiographical essay.Do not just summarize the texts. You are supposed to be reacting or responding to them, not simply repeating what they say. If there is no analysis involved, then you have not responded, only regurgitated.If there are things in the text that you don’t understand, try to find out what the text means. Ask questions. Look things up. You will need this deep-reading skill for your research paper.

Note: Every faculty member will be different with this type of writing: some will want you to spend more time evaluating the piece, others on giving your personal reactions to it. The best plan is to ask your professor for clarification.

 

 

 

 

 

PART 2 – What To Do

 

You will write a 2- to 3-page paper, analyzing an article that is academic in nature. Please use the proper formatting (in your book) as you compose your paper.

 

1) Choose, print, and annotate your article, using the above (and below) questions to guide you.

2) Create a rough outline and send it to my gmail address by the deadline we decide in class.

3) Bring in your rough draft to class on the date posted in Blackboard.

4) First draft will include citations and a reference page, even though you only have one source.

 

Here is a suggested format for organizing your paper. Your outline should also follow this form.

  SUMMARY/SYNOPSIS – What are you reacting to?

 

GOAL: Show that you understand the thesis, main ideas, and supporting ideas in the article. Identify the basic information about the article, including:

 the author of the piece, the title of the piece, the title of the book or journal from which it was taken (if relevant), the publisher, and the year of publicationthink about the topic of the article—for example, “The dangers of eating liver” or “Student protestors in jail in Evansville” In other words, tell what the piece is about in this first paragraph. Write a short summary.figure out the author’s argument or thesis, which is the purpose or motive for writing the piece—for example, “to show how eating this food can affect one’s health” or “to illustrate the horrible conditions in Evansville prisons.” Then state clearly, in one sentence, what the author’s thesis—not your thesis, but the author’s. Analysis/Evaluation – What are the strengths and weaknesses of the article?

GOAL: Show that you understand what the author does well or not so well. Answer questions like why, why not, what, what if, what for. . . Specific questions might include:is the article well-researched?what are the author’s main supporting ideas? Provide evidence with quotesdoes it appeal to your emotions or your intellect? What examples can you use to support this? Are the examples too personal or are they effective?are the sources the author uses reputable? Do these sources lend credibility?did the author overlook or leave out anything important? What?is there a counter argument evident? Should there be?did the author overemphasize anything? What?is the author one-sided (biased) even if he or she takes your side, or does the author present a balanced view?does the author use any irony or sarcasm? If so, is it supported by rational argument?

 

  Your Response – How do you react to the piece on a personal level? How does the piece relate to your experience?

GOAL: Share your own impressions and your own experience. Here are some questions to consider:did the piece hold your interest? Why or why not?was the piece convincing? Why or why not, specifically?did the piece bother or annoy you? Why or why not?what would you ask, or tell, the author if you could?what did you realize as a result of reading the piece?what questions does the article raise for you?

 

 

Some help with author tags…

Here are some suggested verbs, so instead of “Obama says” or “SpongeBob said” you can use:

concludes        defines             explains           repeats             tells us

reports             argues              deduces           analyzes           suggests

warns               advises       investigates                        asks     points out        comments        agrees

implies             hints                proposes          informs            questions         denies

reassures us     demands          declares           remarks            relates             mentions

cautions           reveals             objects             insists              chides              pleads

 

…Good luck. Read deeply. Analyze. Ask questions. Be fluent. Be accurate.

 

 

 

………………..Answer Preview………………..

Uri Friedman is the senior editor at the Atlantic13 February 2016. In his article “Do Americans Say “I Love You” Too Much?” he expresses how these three words are used in different parts of the world. For instance, he has expressed how he uses these words to his parents, wife, and his son. According to him, these words mean different things when he expresses to his son, parents, and wife (Friedman, 1)……

APA

723 words Added to cart

Argumentative Paper Argumentative Paper You are to write an argumentative paper taking a definite…

Argumentative Paper

Argumentative Paper

You are to write an argumentative paper taking a definite position.  The argument must build on one of the general issues read about and discussed in class: fracking, immigration and American identity, the value(s) of higher education, Wikipedia, student debt, and environmental justice.  It will help, however, to be more specific in your topic, for instance arguing whether college education should concentrate on intellectual depth rather than immediately useful job skills, whether Maryland should have banned fracking, or whether American society is obligated to clean up polluting infrastructure that harms poor neighborhoods.

As always, your paper should take the form of a well-organized essay with a definite thesis and strong supporting arguments.  Argumentative techniques may include personal experience, anecdotes, citation of authority, statistics, metaphors, historical analogies, and whatever else may prove persuasive.  Remember that these techniques must work together; simply throwing a bunch of them into one paper is ineffective.  Remember also that combining logical and emotional appeals, and keeping your specific audience in mind, leads to a more effective argument.  Finally, thinking through possible rebuttals and either refuting them or qualifying your argument to account for them will often make for an effective paper.

Citations are encouraged but not mandatory. Use MLA format.

Length

At least 800 words

Value

12% of final grade………………………….Answer Preview……………………………..

In the world, there is a continuous movement of people from one place to another, from one country to another due to various reasons that require such changes. In this context immigration into America has been evidenced for an extended period whereby people from multiple nations tend to prefer moving to America rather than any other country, and this is either illegally……………………………………….

990 Words Added to cart

Review the media below and then compose an essay of about 250 on why we refer to this period as the.

Review the media below and then compose an essay of about 250 on why we refer to this period as the “Neolithic Revolution”. Consider how a structure such as Newgrange, Stonehenge, or the town of atal Huyuk provides us with evidence of these changes.
Knowing that many important lifestyle changes occurred in this period, what order do yo think they occurred in? Did some events prompt others?
In your opinion, what is the most significant change? Why?Make reference to the book or other sources you consulted.

Write a 500 word definition essay on one of the terms or concepts from the list provided below. Use.

Write a 500 word definition essay on one of the terms or concepts from the list provided below. Use other modes of writing, such as description, comparison and Click here for more on this paper……. Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted

contrast, and persuasion (argumentation) to produce a well-developed definition for your term or concept. Choose your terminology carefully; you want to select a

term/concept that is rich in personal meaning. When defining complex and abstract concepts, Click here for more on this paper……. Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted

your ultimate goal is to provide a specific and concrete meaning for your

reader. Extended definitions, such as the one I am asking you to produce as your final essay, depend on examples, illustrations, and narratives. Personal observation

and opinion should also serve as the basis for your definition.

Select one of the following terms or concepts to produce your Final Definition Essay Exam :

1 – Integrity Click here for more on this paper……. Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted

2 – Honor

3 – Pride

4 – Joy

Choose your essay structure carefully. Avoid including details that do not serve to advance or complete your definition. As always, I expect your essay to contain a

strong introduction that includes your essay’s thesis, a coherent and focused body that effectively transitions from paragraph to paragraph, and a rich conclusion that

provides closure for your definition. Click here for more on this paper……. Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted

Effective Global Leadership Servant, authentic, and ethical leadership models have been successful..

Effective Global Leadership

Servant, authentic, and ethical leadership models have been successful in different types of organizations as well as in different cultures and countries. Click here for more on this paper……. Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted

Using the overview of global leadership provided in this week’s lecture and readings, do you believe this to be a valid statement? In other words, are these leadership theories effective global leadership models? Why, or why not? Support your position with global examples and appropriate references. Click here for more on this paper……. Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted